Has your roof received damage from a winter ice storm, hailstorm, high winds, or another incident? Your homeowners’ insurance policy may cover the cost of roof repair or replacement. To speed up the process, here are some tips to help you file an insurance claim.
- Call PCS roofing to inspect the roof and document damage, including a written description and digital photographs.
- We will give you a written estimate for repair or replacement of the roof.
- Call your insurance company and notify them of the damage.
- Have the following information ready when you call to file the claim:
- Home Location.
- Policyholder name(s).
- Date of the incident.
- Time of the event.
- Cause of the damage. (wind, hail, trees, etc.)
- A detailed description of all damage to the roof.
- Age of your roof.
- Obtain a claim number from your insurance company.
- The insurance company will assign an adjuster to your claim.
- Tell the insurance company that you want PCS Roofing representative present when the adjuster comes to inspect the roof damage.
- Get the adjustor’s name, phone number, and any other contact information to speed the process.
- The adjustor will call to schedule a time to visit your home and inspect the roof.
The final determination of the value of the claim will be made by your insurance company, based on the report from the insurance adjuster. Depending on the age of your roof, the amount paid may be less than the full cost of repair or replacement (due to depreciation). Negotiations may change this cost. PCS Roofing can help by providing a detailed damage report and a detailed repair estimate.
Call today for a free estimate 864-862-8887
Make sure any roofing company you are getting estimates from are Licensed, Bonded and Insured. You don’t want problems later on. Also remember roof maintenance can help keep your roof safe and leak free.